Sunday, April 24, 2005

When It Hurt So Bad (2000)

This was a friend's way of expressing her affection towards me. It was a long time ago and I knew her only briefly. I remember the long, late night talks, her almond–shaped eyes, the fullness of her lips, the way her hips swayed when she tried to get my attention and all her wonderful curves.

I’ve loved real hard ones,
But the love wasn’t returned.
Found out the man I’d die for,
He wasn’t concerned.
I tried, and I tried, and I tried
To keep him in my life.
I cried and I cried
But I couldn’t make it right.

But I loved a young man,
And if u ever been in love
Than you’ll understand.
What you want might make you cry,
And what you need might pass you by

What you need ironically might turn out
What you want to be, if you just let it

See I thought this feeling
It was all that I had
But how could this be love
And make me feel so bad
Gave all my power,
I existed for you
But who ever knew
The voodoo you do

When it hurt so bad, why does it feel so good?(sic)

No comments: