Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Reconnecting

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday, Mother! 

I just had a thought: What is it when a company punishes it's employees for being in line with it's mission statement and goals?

I just spoke to my former Assistant Manager, Danny. He seemed well. It's obvious, however, that I am not the only one who has gone through stuff over the last year. I mean, I knew this, but to hear his tale.

Even after the horrors we experienced at Kinko's, there seems to be no rest. He was terminated unjustly one (1) day before he was to go on vacation and took a job with the competition for much less than he was making. Then he was suspended and transferred by a manager that blamed him for getting demoted. He remains optimistic though. He wants to go back to school and get his Real Estates license.

We decided we were going to try to reconnect with our team–members. Well I really haven't decided whether or not I really want to though.

We learned, for sure, at Kinko's, how to slit each other's throats and the ones that would not participate in this slaughter were punished. It seemed that some of the managers were jealous that some of us had the loyalty of our team–members, unless they had our allegiance. Some of us are loyal to money, others to people… Where do your loyalties lie?

No comments: