Saturday, April 02, 2005

GMail

Google is "Metal" y'all!!! It just rocks, just when you think it couldn't get any better, it does.

I'm here cleaning the cell, got bored and decided to surf a couple of my fav sites and I came across a few forum posts, some of which involved the goings on at google. Some of the more interesting things, to me at least, I've encountered over the last few days include "Google Code," Hello and "Gulp."

In addition to the posts about Google, there was a post about Yahoo! You know the "Cam Girls" brothel here on the web. Yahoo! offers 250MB of email storage and will soon offer 1GB of storage. We can only imagine that they are following the lead of Google's GMail, which has offered 1GB since it's debut last year. The Yahoo! post reminded me to set up a filter in my own GMail account to separate mail that I send to myself as reminders from all my other mail. Upon logging in, I found that my 1GB ceiling had been raised to 2GB+.

G is for growth
Storage is an important part of email, but that doesn't mean you should have to worry about it. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we're giving everyone one more gigabyte. But why stop the party there? Our plan is to continue growing your storage beyond 2GBs by giving you more space as we are able. We know that email will only become more important in people's lives, and we want Gmail to keep up with our users and their needs. From Gmail, you can expect more.

They even added a counter.

No comments: