Monday, April 25, 2005

Déon/Reign

This is some more stuff from 2000. One person commented that it was self–centered.

Déon–
means divine. It also has roots in Dionysus, the greek god of wine.

I am Déon. I am 24 years old and a native of Brooklyn, New York.

I am an intelligent and well grounded individual, looking to spread my wings and soar as high as possible. I believe in life's endless possibilities and that the only limits that we have are the ones we impose on ourselves.

I am normally shy, for a leo anyway. These days I'm experiencing a surge of aggression. I've been described as "dramatic" and "profound." I am also thought of as very mature for my age, but I'm really a little boy thirsting for sensations. Swift, is my tongue. That is to say that I know all the right words. It has been said I "got game."

Reaching

Son cœur est un luth suspendu;
Sitôt qu'on le touché il résonne.

(His heart is a hanging lute;
As soon as touched, it reverberates.)

De Béranger

I have reached a level of thought where I choose to concentrate on what's right about people instead of what's wrong. It is important to develop strengths, so that the weaknesses have less of an impact.

I've recently arrived at a stage in my life where I fell the need to improve every aspect of my life.

  • Trying to broaden my mind by reading more.
  • I realize that I have choices and that any consequences I experience are results of those choices.
  • I accept the fact that I am responsible for my life and the course it runs.

I am learning a lot about myself and the world around me, new lessons from my original mistakes.

I'm not perfect, but I'm willing to try and find out if perfection is an attainable height.

The Other Me

I received the name "King" from my gym teacher in High School. My friends translated it to Reign. I found out later that I had a lot of admirers.

Reign–
royal authority; the dominion, sway, or influence of one resembling a monarch.

The wind blows… The sky darkens… I speak, "BOOM." Witness the lightning in my stare. The darkness, it envelopes me. I feel it's cold embrace.

Loneliness is my only companion. It feeds on the love I have to share.

I will feast on your body as a caterpillar does a leaf. Then I will spin a crystallis and fly out something you want.

No comments: