Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Life's Journey

I began my journey by myself, all alone.
I rose; like the sun, too, will I shine.
For the sins of my father, accountable to be held, am I to atone?
Inherit the earth, will I? Shall the world be mine?

At my side many stood and fell.
Wild as fire, burning hot and bright.
All against me; damned to hell.
My enemies, fierce with fight, shall lose the battle and feel my might.

Friends, I never chose.
Looking to better days; trying to earn my wealth.
True friends? No. Predicted my fall but like the phoenix I rose,
Making my way with little or no help.

My kin… at my side he stood.
Succeed he will, I know he could.
Forsake me for a woman, I never thought he would.
Everything I touch turns to bad; never good.

My one true love… I suppose.
Her heart is true and fruitful.
What's in a name? Like that of a rose.
She fall to the will of others and I take the bull.

Why am I hated so?
Can I win, when all oppose?
Many souls to be bought and sold…
Is my story truthfully told?

My siblings truly, I do love.
Diamonds in the ruff.
I hope heaven's light shines from above.
I wish them luck and all that good stuff.

Inherit the earth, will I? Shall the world be mine?
Have I sinned? If so, I will atone.
I rise; like the sun, too will I shine.
My journey I began and so will I end alone.

The Journey Continues

My journey continued I, but still alone.
Like the sun, did I, rose and fell.
The fire in my eyes dimmed and shone.
Life peaked at heaven and showed it's base at hell.

My friends above me soared.
Reach out never, the stars I hold.
Tragedy struck, so began the war.
I was left alone, out in the cold.

Cousin surrender your grief and woes…
We stood equal, forever as one…
Why was it an opposite path you chose?
It all sprung from jealousy over my son.

Love? Not! I thought she'd be…
Broke my heart, destroyed my confidence…
To warm another's bed she left me.
Wrecked my life and my efforts wrongfully spent.

Most precious jewel gained, did I?
My little boy gives new meaning to my life.
Mistake… never, when I fell, he helped me rise…
Now look up to my son and see me in his eyes.

No comments: