Tuesday, January 31, 2006

ER

I just got home from the ER about 2 hours ago. I tried to eat and stuff and tried to settle down a bit. Eating was unsuccessful. I just couldn't down the hero which was quite good. I just started feeling sicker.

My first visit to the emergency room in like 5 years was wild, to say the least. There was like one doctor per shift. One nurse mixed up all of the charts. I met a really cute med student doing intake. She was short, light-skinned, wearing blue scrubs and had a pony tail. She wiped the tears from my eyes and rubbed my cheek. She was convinced she knew me.

I only found out what I had known all along. My stress is manifesting itself as physical illness. The worst of it is my headaches and high blood pressure are back. I haven't had a problem with these since I was 8 or 10.

2 comments:

Minnie said...

i hope you feel better, thank you for making my life better in the time that I've known you. You've truly been my angel and I love you and wish you the best and I hope you succeed in everything you set out to do.

Anonymous said...

D, I hope you're feeling better & are able to avoid the stressors that are the root of your problems. Funny how you seem to be able to make others feel better while you still ail. I hope that will change for you very soon. :)