Sunday, January 01, 2006

Let the Games Begin

Ok, it’s the 1st. Today is the first day of fulfilling my resolutions, including the weight loss resolution.

Right now my primary goal is 20 pounds which I have broken down into smaller goals, 5, 10, then 20 pounds. I was thinking the initial 5 pounds after lost can be done again to meet the 10 pound mark and then the ten can be redone to meet the 20 or the 5 can be done 4 times or any combination that works for you.

The premise is that celebrating completion of the smaller “things” should motivate you to complete the bigger goal.Even tho I usually complete all tasks I set before myself, I have found in most things that I do that if the subject is too broad I will start procrastinating.

Share your thoughts. What works for you?

No comments: