Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I hated my last job!

I worked at Fed Ex Kinko’s Office and Print Center, the one at Columbus Circle. I didn’t much care for it. I was a Project Coordinator who wore way too many hats. I was over worked and overdrawn. I was the only trained person on my shift but managed to hold it down most of the time.

Over the years I became addicted to the stress. I mean it just became a part of me. It got my blood flowing and I had a purpose. I was strong. I hated it sooo much, but I miss it. I miss being cheered when I walk in for my shift. I missed the relief that washed across everyone’s faces when I came to save the day. I even miss the line of customers at the door that no one else could help or that they were just dropping on me. I miss being able to buy dinner for my entire shift.

While I know that no matter what my next job is, I will not be who I was to that company. I regarded some of those people as family. Some even tho I haven’t been in touch for a while, I still do.

Anyway, I have to do it all over again, eventually. Hopefully, sooner than later. I just found out in order to get a job I have to work backwards. In other words, I must first undo all the bad things that came with not having a job. Like debt, my weight, and over all self-esteme to name a few. A lot of what I feel about not having a job influenced my list.

No comments: