Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday, 31 July 1998 – My Birthday

Just when it seems things couldn't get any worse. It's my birthday and I have to be in Family Court. She lied on me again, this time in front of the judge.

She said I hit Jack w/ the stick and repeatedly hit him in the head. She also said that I wouldn't stop even after she pleaded with me.

What am I to do when I am offered no other recourse?

I did pick up the golf club, I swung. It did not connect because I dropped it. We began to struggle. At that point I wasn't sure if he was trying to hit me with the club or not. After I hit him a couple of times he lost his grip on the club. The struggle continued. My shirt got torn at this time. I kicked him 2 - 3 times in the ribs and I threw him to the floor at the expense of her bench. He reached for the golf club and I stepped on it. That's how it broke. As I punched him, he began to raise the broken handle of the club to me. It had a jagged edge. I cut my hand trying to keep him from stabbing me with it. He was screaming "Please Deon, O.K., It won't happen again." All I can remember saying is "I'm going to kill you, I'm trying to get my life together, and you're not going to stop me." The fight ended when Mamite tripped over the broken bench and I stopped to make sure she was O.K.

She also neglected to mention that he came at me after she confronted him about my things and the whole time she was trying to defend him, he was trying to get at me.

This may be the end of this post or I lost a page with a paragraph.

Update: Saturday, October 29, 2005

Seems I've found a paragraph and a sentence to complete the journal…

On that Thursday I asked her about what I felt was owed me. She ignored me and I simply said "I know what I have to do." I went and picked up the wood block from the window and sat down on my bed. She jumped up got dressed and left the room. At this time I didn't know Jack was in the house. She went and told him that I was coming at him. How am I coming at him when I'd never left the room. About half an hour later I was still in the same spot when the phone rang. Nina called to warn me that he was in the hall w/ the police for me. The police came in and spoke to me. He insisted that the put in the report I threatened him w/ the block, when I never saw him before the police asked for me. He also had them put that I broke the club on him. She validated his lies and said I tried to hit him with the block.

I made sure I got the temp. Order of Protection on Friday.[sic]

No comments: