Friday, February 24, 2006

The Last Few Days…

/

We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

I have been thinking about what the subject of my 300th post. Should I go with something sexual, philosophical, or I could just talk about the stupid bitches I come across. I decided to just let you guys know where I am.

I recently started reading again. I am reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I have read some of it before. I had read as far as the end of the “Private Victory.” The premise of the book, well as I take it that any positive change begins within. The three habits making up the private victory are:

  1. Be Proactive
  2. Begin with the “End” in mind
  3. Put first things first

I started to write this about two days ago. I couldn’t get my thoughts together and let it just flow. When I stop in the middle of a post and try to finish it days or even hours later it usually loses it’s original meaning. This time is no different. There are some things I wanted to share with you guys.

I have been thinking about my life a lot lately. There is nothing new here. I have been reading “7 Habits” and like the last time I started to read it, the book kind of forces you to turn an eye on yourself and think about why things really are how they are and if they are really as you see them. I have had the book for several weeks now and haven’t even made it to page 50 yet. It’s because of the noise, more on this in my next post. Anyway, I am still seeking answers. Answers to questions I am not even sure of.

Shhhhhh! I know it’s early, I can’t sleep. It’s the noise.

I have been thinking a lot about what it is I will be giving up for Lent. I am not religious. Remember the movie “40 Days 40 Nights?” Well the movie is my inspiration.

I just need a reset. A reset from everything that is distracting me. Sex, family… I may even give up instant messaging or at least limit it to a couple of hours a day. I know I am giving up fast food, i.e. McDonald’s, Wendy’s. I guess Subway isn’t so bad. I will surely miss the West Indian food. Everything I eat from them contains some sort of meat.

What else can I give up? The Lent season lasts 46 days, starting March 1 and ending the Saturday before Easter.

I want to give up as much as possible. When I resume my normal lifestyle it will be easier to do everything in moderation. What do you think?

No comments: