Sunday, June 19, 2005

On Falling Down

Sometimes you have to fall really hard to get back up.

Why do we fall down? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.

This is just how I feel about my present state of affairs. In Batman Begins, it was also mentioned that people react in certain ways when they feel they have nothing to lose, but this is only so because they haven't thought things through. I have been walking around with a bat, which I named "Louis." Partly, just me joking around. I would have used it in the right or wrong frame of mind, depending on your perspective.

I saw Jonathan for the first time since the burglary. He apologized for not coming around, adding he didn't know how I'd react. He said he didn't do it, but I couldn't be sure anyway.

No matter how menacing I may seem, I can't be everywhere. My son goes to the store by himself, as do my brothers and then there's school and my little sister. I can' be there to protect them if someone wanted to retaliate for my rampage on the streets. I am trying to give all that street stuff up. I'm not say that you shouldn't stand up for what's yours, just that sometimes there is more to lose.

The streets are still strong in me. I just control it. I'm glad my brothers aren't like I was when I was their ages. I hope that's one of the things my son doesn't inherit from me. There are better ways. Besides I know the streets always takes out it's own trash.

No comments: