Monday, June 20, 2005

Cleaning House

I've been so screwed up with everything that has been going on around me. My environment is a reflection of my internal clutter. When I used to go to church, the Priest/Monseigneur used to talk about cleaning house and letting Jesus in. He was talking about letting go of the things that weighed you down. He was talking about freeing your heart. I don't know about the letting Jesus in part, but I am due for a cleansing. My friend Ti'Lesa has been talking about a spiritual cleansing for a minute now. She wanted me to go to church with her two (2) Sundays ago, the day of the PR Day Parade. I will probably go with her this Sunday. Here's a couple of pictures I found on Flickr of the PR Day Parade, unfortunately I wasn't able to take any myself.

Before the start, originally uploaded by vicente_g. Before the start of the Puerto Rican Day Parade. West 44th Street.

Mr. T does NYC @ the Puerto Rican Day Parade, originally uploaded by Vidalia. How hot is this picture?

For me the best place to start cleaning is my desktop. Here are several quotes I found while going through notes I left for myself:

Expecting someone to be other than they have been is irrational behavior.
Improvise, Modify, Adapt, & Overcome.

No comments: