Monday, June 20, 2005

My Friend

I believe that you should protect family and friends at all costs, even at the expense of those relationships. My youngest friend is going through a lot and I am not sure how to help her. I happen to believe also that it's your family that should be your 1st and last line of defense against any and anything that would harm you. What happens when your family is the threat?

She is a very good kid. She goes to school, comes straight home, does homework, her average is floating around 90-95 range (excluding gym, she's asthmatic). What more could you want from your child?

I mean my son is pretty good, he gets good grades, behaves in public. I ride him about what he could be doing better, it's more in the realm of "don't slip," "good job, but you can do better." He can. I don't force feed him, I just make it clear to him that it's time for him to decide and begin carving out the type of man he wants to be.

She doesn't even get that. She's the oldest of three children and is treated as temp nanny. I mean even they get treated better because they care for you kids. They are her half brother and sister. It seems her mother is alienating her in favor of the father that's around. You know the type. The children of the father who's around are better because she is trying to keep a man. They even go out and leave her in the house alone. Her mother has gone as far as trying to sway her mind about going away to college by guilting her into staying "they may still need her"

I don't know what to do. I spent the weekend trying to contact a family member that had given me a call a while back. He wanted to know who I was and what my intentions were. He was very polite and direct. He seemed concerned about her, so he'd be the obvious person I think to help her and help her deal with family issues. She will not speak out against her mother but he can lend an ear and help her make the right choices or choices that are more right for her and protect her against people who aren't looking out for her best interest.

There are much more serious instances which I will not discuss. They were brought to my attention by a third party and I will not air her person business here.

~Poemz n Quotez~: 4 the most important ppl in my life

I found out recently that "Made of Glass" was about me. I was so touched.

No comments: