Friday, June 22, 2007

Graduation Day

I am a very proud father. Graduation day has finally come to a close. My son, while he wasn't Valedictorian or Salutatorian, this year, his achievements did not go unnoticed. My boy… That brings a big smile to my face.

My son was one of 3 children chosen from his district, all from his class I might add, to be in an "elite" academic program spanning the next 7 years, with an intense 14 month prep component.

I am so getting ready for all of his successes.

Today, I am spent physically, mentally, finncially… but this is OK. I was done proud. This week, I went to a series of meetings, an orientation, his 14 hour plus senior trip and today his graduation and little family celebration afterwards, all the while going to work. LOL, I am on my way to work now.

In the morning he has a picnic with Prep for Prep, where he gets to meet, get to know a little the other members in his unit. My son the superstar… I am sure he is as exhausted as I am. Can't wait to ask him about his prom tomorrow afternoon. Who did he dance with? How much fun did he have?

No comments: