Monday, June 11, 2007

Everything is a learning experience

I always try to learn as much as I can. Sometimes it just doesn't get done because I procrastinate or I just don't get the subject matter, like today trying to learn JavaScript or XML.

When I first started learning web related stuff, I seemed to get it almost immediately. I got a good basic grasp of HTML, VBScript, ASP, and I was able to write and edit minor JavaScripts. I had fun with the HTML Guru's DHTML templates. I even got interviewed at some big names and not so big names. I forgot everything because I never applied what I learned. Today all of it just seems foreign to me, but i am still interested in web development and design.

I am trying to figure out where to go from here. I want to learn, sometimes I get in my own way by trying to learn too much at one time. I have books. I am thinking about subscribing to one of those online tutorial sites, maybe just for the summer, so that I can get a grasp on the basics of what I am trying to learn. I think I should be able to move forward from there.

I guess we will see how that goes. I will not be beaten on this. I may not be able to learn it all but i can learn a good deal and be great at what i know. I am hoping I can rely on some of you for help. Maybe answering questions directly or pointing me in the right direction.

No comments: