Monday, December 04, 2006

Choices

Love is a choice. I make the choice to love you, whether consciously or unconsciously. Conversely, I will make the decision to not love you. My love is simply the conclusion I came to after assessing who you are, who you were and who you are trying to be. If I feel that you do not realize the value of what's being gifted to you I will likely make the choice that you aren't worthy of my it and take it away.

Love for me is an action. Not physical, necessarily.

All that being said, a new friend put me on to this quote in the Bible:

Love is patient and is kind; love doesn't envy. Love doesn't brag, is not proud, doesn't behave itself inappropriately, doesn't seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil; doesn't rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

Thank you Stacey. Prior to falling in love and dealing with so much crap and then realizing that I am completely responsible for what was going on with me this what I held to be true:

'It shall be fickle, false and full of fraud,
Bud and be blasted in a breathing-while;
The bottom poison, and the top o'erstraw'd
With sweets that shall the truest sight beguile:
The strongest body shall it make most weak,
Strike the wise dumb and teach the fool to speak.

'It shall be sparing and too full of riot,
Teaching decrepit age to tread the measures;
The staring ruffian shall it keep in quiet,
Pluck down the rich, enrich the poor with treasures;
It shall be raging-mad and silly-mild,
Make the young old, the old become a child.

'It shall suspect where is no cause of fear;
It shall not fear where it should most mistrust;
It shall be merciful and too severe,
And most deceiving when it seems most just;
Perverse it shall be where it shows most toward,
Put fear to valour, courage to the coward.

'It shall be cause of war and dire events,
And set dissension 'twixt the son and sire;
Subject and servile to all discontents,
As dry combustious matter is to fire:
Sith in his prime Death doth my love destroy,
They that love best their loves shall not enjoy.'

While a lot of times love does contradict itself by nature, it doesn't have to. I have come clean recently and told a lot of people what I really think of them and some I love you. My love is not to be taken lightly. I love for the sake of love and all that I hold dear and true.

No comments: