Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 in Review

OK, this is going to be long, so I have to break it up into pieces. It's been a great year. Started off quite rocky though.

Maybe it might not be as long as I thought. I will attempt to resist the urge to ramble.

I started the year alone, with no job and no hope. I was conned at the beginning of the year to the tune of about 12G, which I am in the process of paying off now. I applied for "Welfare" in January — Call it what you want, Welfare is still Welfare, the thought of it still makes me physically sick.

I met some people, some people came back into my life, some left temporarily, some for good… BYE! Can you see me waving? Some of you preach friendship but really, you're just full of shit.

Love, yeah, I am a big loser there. Am I? Life's not over. This one or that one might be feeling me but no one is stepping up. The one who I know is feeling me, flat out doesn't want to be with me. I have been alone for a long time. There is still hope though.

During the latter half of 2006, I managed to pay off about 43% of my 30G debt.

This year my little boy has made me very proud. Not just because he is a good child, but also because I was blessed with a glimpse of the man he is going to become.

I am presently employed. My scope is broad. I have my sights set on BIG things in the coming year.

See, that wasn't so bad. I figured why trouble you with all the gory details of me getting my ass kicked. I did enough venting throughout the year.

I have two maxims to live by this year... "Closed mouths don't get fed" and "don't talk about it, be about it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your post. Good luck in 2007. You sound like a really great guy! :)