Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Online Presence

Here's the deal… I am preparing for the New Year and I guess since, like for so many others, the powers that be are determined to break me so I must carve out new paths for myself.

The first part of carving out those paths is my need to generate some sort of cash flow. I am looking towards AdSense for some of it. I am trying to learn how to optimize my blog so that the proper keywords fall into place and the ads are better targeted. Right now I am in the process of adding ads and "referrals" to all of my blogs. If you see something that interests you, please at least check it out.

I have also been invited to write as a guest on my best friend M!ckey's blog. She said she wanted to help by allowing me to post some of the ads and referrals. I have written very briefly on her blog before but I removed myself because I did not want her to be listed as a contributor on her own blog, but I've fixed that problem. Now my presence will only be felt on the posts I make.

This is from my most recent post M!ck3y Mouz: Changes:

All of this is about positive change and looking to the new year. M!ckey is turning up the heat and I have to come out the corner swinging now.

I know it's been a long time since I have turned a negative into a positive. So coming to the close of what is the worst year of my life. I look back and see all that I have accomplished, gone. All I have is my son left. LOL, my son… pray for Daddy.

Back to my online presence… I also am involved in other things on the web. A lot of people are coming here from my profile on Yahoo! 360°. I am also currently one of the top riffrs on Riffs, where I riff on things I like and rant about what I don't. Then there are my two Squidoo pages, where I am also trying to make a few dollars. The first of which is Dramatic Pause, it's an experimental page about me. I want to see how interested people might be in me outside of my blog. The second, which I must develop because it has the most potential, is The Mac Life, which is inspired by and about my love of Macs and things Mac like. I think that's it, aside from Flickr, del.icio.us, BlackPlanet and MiGente, if I forgot anything I will add them as addenda.

No comments: