Thursday, November 17, 2005

Workforce 1

When I woke up this morning, I really didn't want to do anything. I am just at the point where I feel "What's the point?" I mean I have been looking. Problem is I have been getting nowhere. I have actually become scared. I am afraid of rejection.

Upon my arrival, the environment at first seems quite relaxed. It's fresh, clean, open office space. The security guard was standing behind his chair behind his portion of the reception desk. The think I first noticed about that area was his display, a silver flat panel, approximately 30 inches. Apparently, for him to monitor activities around the office.

I stood on a line of about 5 or 6 people for about 5 minutes. I guess the line was moving slowly, for them anyway, because the lady behind the second reception desk came to help it move along. I got here too early so I'm waiting, not so patiently, until 12:30. I feel I'm not being patent because I had to find something to occupy my time, i.e. this post.

I ran into my cousin, Latoya. Didn't even see her because I was checking out her friend. 12:30 came pretty quickly. Had orientation, which was pretty rushed. Gwen took us on a tour of the facility which was just as nice as the front. Anyway, I have to make an appointment for my next step.

No comments: