Thursday, November 03, 2005

Presume To Know Me

I have a new friend, Natalie. I met her on Monday. She is really sweet. I like her.

I have one problem, after three days, I feel like she thinks she knows me. Granted, we've spent quite a bit of time on the phone — probably more time than I've spent with any single person on the phone since high school.

Our latest conversation left me feeling I need to make something clear. I did not let anything get where it is, it got away from me. How could I let myself be unhappy. How could I let myself feel helpless? Most of all, I want to know, how I can make it better?

Natalie is trying to help me find a job, already. I think she will make a wonderful friend. I respect her directness, her honesty, and openness. She doesn't pull any punches and there are so few people like her in this world, more importantly, in my sphere.

Although her initial deductions about me were wrong, she opened her mouth, she said what was on her mind and there is no confusion between us about who she thinks I am and she still wants to get to know me. I have so few true friends, I hope this one is a keeper.

No comments: