Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Positive Month, Financially

So Far This Month (cont’d)...

This month turned out better than expected. I paid off 3 bills. Feels great. I did make my “savings replenishment” goal for the month, sort of anyway. I am about $7 short of a grand. I have decided to reset my checking account every month. I will transfer all of the money to my savings for the day before the last check of the month. The purpose of this is to save for what I want faster, but it serves another purpose… The less cash I have on hand means the less cash I am spending. Since my savings is not directly linked to my checking it takes days to transfer and a few additional steps beyond just swiping my debit card.

I am also thinking about rounding my debt out. Flat multiples of 50 or 100 are easier to calculate.

No comments: